Welcome to The K-9 Clinic!
Come visit our YouTube video!
**** To view our Youtube video, please click on this link The K-9 Clinic ****
- Wednesday Night Class-June 22nd, 2016 at 6:00pm-The Ledyard Company (Now called Performance Food Group, next to Simpkins Swim Center). Located at 1047 17th Avenue, Santa Cruz. Cost for this class is $25 (Members no charge). Please remember to check the day of class for any change
- Carmel Beach Class - Sunday , June 26th at 10:00am! This is a fun class open to Intermediate to Advanced level dogs. Meet at the end of Ocean Street. Cost is $35 (Members $25)
- New Obedience Classes start Saturday, July 9th, 2016. Please view our calendar for class times. If you would like to sign up for class, please email us at email@example.com call (831)684.0861. Please be sure to call if there is questionable weather!
- New Therapy Dog Program coming soon Sundays at 10:00am. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Cost is $525 for a 5 week session.
- Questionable weather? Please call our recorder the morning of training at (831)684.0861 or check our website for the latest updates on training conditions.
Need Directions? Visit our Contact page, please note our office is closed Mondays.
Homework for Group Classes!
Basic Class and Puppy Imprinting Class:
Remember to practice only 10-15 min per session, 1-2 times per day.
- Heel to a sit: No more pulling, sniffing while heeling
- Everytime you stop, make your dog sit!
- Sit to A Down. Start with small circles around your dog and gradually increase the size of the circle. Try circling the other direction as well.
- Recalls with a Stranger: Have someone hold onto your leash, remember to feed and then run away. Turn around and Recall your dog with his/her name and the command. Back up as he/she is approaching. Have them sit and then feed them and praise simultaneously
***Remember do not correct unless you can follow through, and 0 Tolerance***
Practice 10-15 min per session, 1-2 times per day
- Continue practicing your down stays, start increasing, time, distance and distractions
- If they break the down, Long Dark Road
- Have fun with your dogs and try some obstacles on your walk-Remember, SAFETY is the number 1 rule!