Welcome to The K-9 Clinic!
Come visit our YouTube video!
**** To view our Youtube video, please click on this link The K-9 Clinic****
*** PLEASE read ENTIRE Message: All Training Classes Saturday, January 21st, 2017 are CANCELLED!
HOWEVER, for the first time ever we will be LIVE STREAMING on our FACEBOOK Page (The K-9 Clinic, Inc) LIVE TRAINING and Key Training Tips from 10:00am-11:00am. Please come join us as this will be interactive and we will be responding in real time on our FaceBook page!***
- New BASIC and Puppy Imprinting Obedience Classes start Saturday, February 4th,2017. Please view our calendar for class times. If you would like to sign up for class, please email us at email@example.com or call (831)684.0861. Please be sure to call if there is questionable weather!
- Questionable weather? Please call our recorder the morning of training at (831)684.0861 or check our website for the latest updates on training conditions.
Need Directions? Visit our Contact page, please note our office is closed Mondays.
Homework for Group Classes!
Basic Class and Puppy Imprinting Class:
Remember to practice only 10-15 min per session, 1-2 times per day.
- Heel to a sit: No more pulling, sniffing while heeling
- Every time you stop, make your dog sit!
- Sit to A Down. Start with small circles around your dog and gradually increase the size of the circle. Try circling the other direction as well.
- Recalls with a Stranger: Have someone hold onto your leash, remember to feed and then run away. Turn around and Recall your dog with his/her name and the command. Back up as he/she is approaching. Have them sit and then feed them and praise simultaneously
***Remember do not correct unless you can follow through, and 0 Tolerance***
Practice 10-15 min per session, 1-2 times per day
- Continue practicing your down stays, start increasing, time, distance and distractions
- If they break the down, Long Dark Road
- Have fun with your dogs and try some obstacles on your walk-Remember, SAFETY is the number 1 rule!