Welcome to The K-9 Clinic!
Come visit our YouTube video!
**** To view our Youtube video, please click on this link The K-9 Clinic ****
***Saturday, November 22nd, 2014-ALL TRAINING CANCELLED due to weather conditions- However, SANTA is still here from 9am-11am for those who want to come take a picture with Santa Claus!
- NO Wednesday Night Class - November 19th, 2014
- New Obedience Classes start Saturday, December 13th, 2014.Please view our calendar for class times. If you would like to sign up for class, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (831)684.0861. Please be sure to call if there is questionable weather!
- Santa Claus is coming to town-specifically the K-9 Clinic. He will be making his appearance for all of your dogs and family who would like to take a picture with Santa. Saturday, November 22nd- 9-12pm (If it rains, we will still have Santa from 9am-11am!) There is no cost to take the picture, however if you choose to purchase it, cost will vary and you may visit http://socool.smugmug.com/K9Clinic for pictures and pricing (starts at $11 and up).
- Questionable weather? Please call our recorder the morning of training at (831)684.0861 or check our website for the latest updates on training conditions.
Need Directions? Visit our Contact page, please note our office is closed Mondays.
Homework for Group Classes!
Basic Class and Puppy Imprinting Class:
Remember to practice only 10-15 min per session, 1-2 times per day.
- Heel to a sit: No more pulling, sniffing while heeling
- Everytime you stop, make your dog sit!
- Sit to A Down. Start with small circles around your dog and gradually increase the size of the circle. Try circling the other direction as well.
- Recalls with a Stranger: Have someone hold onto your leash, remember to feed and then run away. Turn around and Recall your dog with his/her name and the command. Back up as he/she is approaching. Have them sit and then feed them and praise simultaneously
***Remember do not correct unless you can follow through, and 0 Tolerance***
Practice 10-15 min per session, 1-2 times per day
- Continue practicing your down stays, start increasing, time, distance and distractions
- If they break the down, Long Dark Road
- Have fun with your dogs and try some obstacles on your walk-Remember, SAFETY is the number 1 rule!